Bienvenidos a Smash Bros. Spain

Smash Bros. Spain es el hogar de la comunidad española de Smash Bros.

¡Únete y podrás participar en los torneos online, enterarte de cuándo serán los próximos torneos presenciales y compartir con nosotros todas tus inquietudes!

Foreigners can post here, use English please.
Alright, guys...

I am about to start a thread on our 4th National Smash Tournament here in Portugal (smashboards). I was looking through all sorts of things, including location, prices, material until I decided to check out the ticket prices to go to Portugal to see if I could invite anyone from abroad. And to my great pleasure, I saw that tickets from Barcelona to Porto with Ryanair and back cost only 30€ in total (in February). Combine that with free/cheap transportation to Lisbon (in case we do this in Lisbon) and free housing, our event has the potential to be the first one to feature both countries of the Iberian peninsula. We will all get to know each other, and it will prove to be a gateway to future transnational tourneys. ^^

We are planning of doing this on a weekend in February.

So what I need to know is:
- how many of you can afford this and are interested in coming?
- how can we place our tournament without bothering the spanish tournament calendar (that tournament in Valencia principally)?

Interested players:
- Marcbri
- Joannett88
- Phyr
- Evle
- NeJi&NiCo
- Greward
- Miquel0123
- Nat
- Raw!
Última edición por King Funk el Vie Ene 01, 2010 5:56 pm, editado 4 veces en total.
when you answer me that questions i will see if i can go or not

to see the venue, what days, how many days, melee/brawl, if we can sleep in the venue. xD

but i'm interested
- We're not sure about the venue, but it shouldn't be a problem.
- The days will completely depend on if you come or not, and on your calendar.
- It will almost surely be 2 days.
- It will probably mainly be Brawl, but if Melee players want to come, we can definitely add Melee. The problem is that we almost don't have a Melee scene at all at this very moment. Only a few of us play decently. Almost everyone plays Brawl though.
- As we don't know about the venue, we can't say anything yet. The most probable answer is no, but we will guarantee free housing for whoever comes.

All of this is nothing but a suggestion. We just want to see whoever is interested so that we decide whether we proceed with that plan or not. It'd be really cool if we had 5-10 or the top spanish players coming. ^^
30€ is a good price for the trip, but if it's going to be too small I'm not sure if it'll bw worth the effort.

You can at least count on a few top spanish players that will go for the money.
Hard to say for us. If you guys come, we're pretty much sure to boost attendance here in Portugal as well. But I'd take a wild guess and assume we'll be around 25-35 here. To make it interesting, we could put a higher entry fee. ^^
Alright, lots of updates:
- tournament will most surely be in Porto
- saturday will have Brawl singles and doubles, sunday will be a full day of freeplay, friendlies and side-events
- we will put an 8-10 player limit on the spaniards so that we don't get too many problems with housing
- the most probable date is the 27th of February

The information about the location will be posted here soon.
I'm really interested to go but there are many issues to be solved:

1.) How to get to BC for the cheap flights aka transportation? (biggest issue)

2.) For goodness sake I hope you are going to include MELEE in the tournament??

3.) My exams are staring in 12.2. so after that I can't really go :( (3rd)

4.) Parent's permission -.-

5.) Money (I need to get to Sevilla/Bc plus food etc.) (2nd biggest issue)

6.) Housing?

7.) School possibly?

Apart from all this I'm really interested, hope you can update the opening post with more info about the tournament (transportation/housing/venue/games etc.) The flight prices sound tasty but I still need to get to Bcn first -_-
Alright, here in Portugal, the players are not very in for a tournament that is hosted in February, so I thought that maybe we could push it to March. I checked Ryanair. Those are all the dates where Barcelona-Porto only costs 30€.

The dates I have here as suggestion are:
- 27-28th of February
- 6-7th of March
- 13-14th of March
- 20-21th of March

For now I'll let the portuguese players decide, but feel free to say which you like most.
No melee? Please, please! Some of us need melee just like food. xd
Agreed :P

I'm not a hardcore smash player, nor have i played for about 4 months but im willing to come if i can meet some people and practice some what in melee :D I live in Huelva so I'm fairly close.

also as a side question, does anyone know where i can buy a gamecube and melee >.> cause i dont want to buy a wii sense all i'd play is a gamecube game haha. as some might remember when i presented myself, i'm from california, so i'm only here till June, meaning i dont want to buy something expensive (Wii) im not gonna take back with me haha.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]